Party Walls

*If you intend to carry out significant works affecting a party wall or are building an extension near to a neighbouring property, you may have to inform the adjoining owners by way of a notice, as prescribed under the Party Wall Act.

If you start work without having first given notice in the proper way, there is the possibility that the adjoining owners may seek to stop your work through a court injunction or seek other legal redress.

If you intend to carry out works or are an adjoining owner that has received a Party Wall Notice, please feel free to contact us for professional advice.

*Subject to the provisions of the Party Wall Act 1996.